Monday, January 27, 2014

30 Years Old..so young, yet so accomplished!

Happy 30th Birthday Macintosh! Wow, what an achievement. In just thirty years, Macintosh has not only just branded and distinguished its name in the world, but has essentially entered numerous households across the world. Known for it's glowing Apple logo, the Macintosh has even made it into the realm of education. Although I boldly stated that my MacBook Pro was the first system of Macintosh that entered my life, it just dawned on me now that in fact, a different type of Macintosh played a big role in my learning as early as the fourth grade.


While the Mac was in my life pretty early, how could that memory be so lost? Especially, now that I love using this system? It's still a wonder as to how my love for the PC developed. Perhaps it was just my love for comfort. With the Mac I am able to think outside the box and be amazed by the ways this system is accommodating to a somewhat "new" user.  I am able to be creative in my own quirky way. 

As I rediscover my love of freedom to create, the question that I am essentially trying to answer is how did I go years without such a system like the Mac? From musicians to designers, and from the business world to the field of education, the Mac allows for creativity in every way possible. If the world knows this, how can one go long without this creative medium? In fact, how can students be concealed from this information?  One theory I concluded was that unlike my later years in middle school and high school, my elementary school was a Fine Arts school that allowed students to explore their potential in the Arts. That explains a lot.

I could go on and on about how unfair it is for schools to implement and teach their curriculum with such a system as the Mac, because that would just highlight the economic problem that exist. The main important thing to focus on is what the Mac allows you to do even well into your adulthood. As a current graduate student, I can't seem to brag enough about having a Mac. Now wouldn't it be better for students to start their early education with a Mac?  

For the students that are so fortunate, and for the schools that are thoughtful, I applaud your experience with such a medium, because your students will feel free and not restricted. Your student's will be apart of history in the advancement of technology. 30 years in the game of technology, and yet so accomplished. Once again, Happy Birthday Mac!

I watched a video on Youtube about the accomplishments Mac has made in technology, and a few quotes stood out. Feel free to watch what I thought was an advancement in creativity. 30 years of pure genius.



"It inspired people to think what is possible, and that made people do better work."

"The future of creation is bringing people together and ideas together."

"Nobody had any idea 30 years ago what the world was going to be like, or how these tools would be used. They are interesting, precisely, because you don't know how they are going to be used tomorrow. And that is the beauty of Macintosh."


I can't wait to see what else is in store for the Mac, but better yet, I can't wait to be a part of this movement. 

Forever a Mac user.

No comments:

Post a Comment